Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve for breakfast with a cup of coffee
Make and share this Pumpkin-Chocolate Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate or 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°; butter and flour a 9x5 inch nonstick loaf pan.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; whisk together.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy.
- Add in sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy; add in eggs one at a time and beat until well blended.
- Add in pumpkin puree and vanilla, then add the flour mixture, beating just until well blended.
- In the top of a double boiler, melt the chocolate over med-high heat, stirring occasionally until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon half the batter into the loaf pan; spoon half the melted chocolate on top of the batter and swirl it into the batter with a wooden skewer.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and chocolate, making sure to swirl the chocolate into the batter well.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a pick comes out clean.
- Let loaf cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack, then invert onto the rack and turn right-side up.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, cut into slices.