Serve for breakfast with a cup of coffee
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate or 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; butter and flour a 9x5 inch nonstick loaf pan.
- 2In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; whisk together.
- 3In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy.
- 4Add in sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy; add in eggs one at a time and beat until well blended.
- 5Add in pumpkin puree and vanilla, then add the flour mixture, beating just until well blended.
- 6In the top of a double boiler, melt the chocolate over med-high heat, stirring occasionally until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- 7Spoon half the batter into the loaf pan; spoon half the melted chocolate on top of the batter and swirl it into the batter with a wooden skewer.
- 8Repeat with the remaining batter and chocolate, making sure to swirl the chocolate into the batter well.
- 9Bake for about 1 hour or until a pick comes out clean.
- 10Let loaf cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack, then invert onto the rack and turn right-side up.
- 11Serve warm or at room temperature, cut into slices.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin-Chocolate Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.9
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 66.8 mg
- Sodium 303.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 5.0 g