Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Soft, cake-like, chocolately pumpkin goodness!ï»¿ I make these vegan by using egg replacer and for the flour I use a combination of whole wheat and all purpose. Recommended: eat them warm!
- 354.88 ml flour (I use a combination of all purpose and whole wheat)
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 212.62 g can pumpkin (just shy of a cup)
- 1 egg (or vegan egg replacer)
- 177.44 ml chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, add brown sugar, graulated sugar, vanilla extract and oil. Stir to combine. With a mixer beat in pumpkin, then egg (or egg replacer). Slowly beat in the dry ingredients until everything is combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet and bake 12-14 minutes.
This was a good cookie- definitely more of a cake like cookie, and not a traditional cookie texture. I liked it for something different. I used mini chips (would have preferred regular ones, but that was all I had) and added some chopped pecans as well. Because this was more of a cake like cookie, although they were very moist, I was thinking of trying to dip the tops in some type of glaze, like a cream cheese glaze or something, but really they are fine as is. I just have a terrible sweet tooth and can't help but always try to make something more sweet than it already is. Thanks for posting the recipe, I really did enjoy the cookies.