Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was my son and nephew's favorite pumpkin pie. It's a lot lighter than regular pumpkin pie. Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 1 -9 inch pie shell (baked)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (7 g) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Combine first 7 ingredients in saucepan.
- Stir in milk, yolks and pumpkin.
- Cook and stir til it boils and gelatin dissolves.
- Remove and chill til slightly set.
- Beat egg whites til stiff while slowly adding sugar.
- Fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Whip cream and fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Put in baked pie shell.
So glad I found this my regular pumpkin pies are always overdone or raw in the middle so my son and I make these instead!
I was short on time and decided to give this a try. I made a graham cracker/almond crust and used pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon (thanks to reviewer Shawnee) since I was missing them. The whole family enjoyed (even my daughter who does not really care for regular pumpkin pie!). Thanks for posting, Zipadedoda. Roxygirl
This is the same recipe that I've used for several years. I have found that if I don't have all the different spices on hand (or don't want to buy a bunch of little bottles for just one pie), using 1 1/2 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice plus 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon works well. I make a graham cracker crust from scratch and add a bit of cinnamon into the crust before I bake it. I always get LOTS of compliments on this pie.