Recipe by Zipadedoda
This was my son and nephew's favorite pumpkin pie. It's a lot lighter than regular pumpkin pie. Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 1 -9 inch pie shell (baked)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (7 g) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients in saucepan.
- Stir in milk, yolks and pumpkin.
- Cook and stir til it boils and gelatin dissolves.
- Remove and chill til slightly set.
- Beat egg whites til stiff while slowly adding sugar.
- Fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Whip cream and fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Put in baked pie shell.