Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Excellent recipe for using up the inside of a Halloween Pumpkin. Posted in reply to a request, from "The American Harvest Cookbook".
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups peeled seeded and diced pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced carrots
- 1 tablespoon chopped lovage or 1 tablespoon arugula or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups well-seasoned chicken stock or 4 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- light cream, to serve
- Cook onion in olive oil until softened.
- Add pumpkin and carrots; continue to cook for about 5 minutes more.
- Stir in the lovage or parsley, bay leaves, and stock; bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until all veges are tender.
- Allow soup to cool slightly, then remove bay leaves.
- Blend in blender or with a stick-blender until smooth.
- Return soup to the pan.
- Thin slightly with more stock if too thick.
- Check seasoning, and serve with a generous swirl of cream.