Excellent recipe for using up the inside of a Halloween Pumpkin. Posted in reply to a request, from "The American Harvest Cookbook".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups peeled seeded and diced pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1 tablespoon chopped lovage or 1 tablespoon arugula or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups well-seasoned chicken stock or 4 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- light cream, to serve
- 1Cook onion in olive oil until softened.
- 2Add pumpkin and carrots; continue to cook for about 5 minutes more.
- 3Stir in the lovage or parsley, bay leaves, and stock; bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until all veges are tender.
- 4Allow soup to cool slightly, then remove bay leaves.
- 5Blend in blender or with a stick-blender until smooth.
- 6Return soup to the pan.
- 7Thin slightly with more stock if too thick.
- 8Check seasoning, and serve with a generous swirl of cream.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin, Carrot and Lovage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.1
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 249.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: