1/1 Photo of Pumpkin and Caramel Swirled Cheesecake
1 hr 15 mins
Deliciously sinful, not-too-rich tasting cheesecake alternative to the traditional pumpkin pie. Even the kids liked this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap cookies, ground
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, toasted (about 6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Finely grind crushed cookies, pecans and sugar in processor.
- 3Add melted butter and blend until combined.
- 4Press crust mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides.
- 5Filling: Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until light.
- 6Transfer 3/4 cup mixture to small bowl; cover tightly and refrigerate to use for topping.
- 7Add pumpkin, 4 tablespoons whipping cream, ground cinnamon and ground allspice to mixture in large bowl and beat until well combined.
- 8Add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until combined.
- 9Pour filling into crust (filling will almost fill pan).
- 10Bake until cheesecake puffs, top browns and center moves only slightly when pan is shaken, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- 11Transfer cheesecake to rack and cool 10 minutes.
- 12Run small sharp knife around cake pan sides to loosen cheesecake.
- 14Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- 15Bring remaining 3/4 cup cream cheese mixture to room temperature.
- 16Add remaining 5 tablespoons whipping cream to cream cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- 17Press down firmly on edges of cheesecake to even thickness.
- 18Pour cream cheese mixture over cheesecake, spreading evenly.
- 19Spoon caramel sauce in lines over cream cheese mixture.
- 20Using tip of knife, swirl caramel sauce into cream cheese mixture.
- 21(Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Release pan sides from cheesecake.
- 22Spoon sour cream into pastry bag fitted with small star tip (do not stir before using).
- 23Pipe decorative border around cheesecake and serve.
- 24*OR,you can omit the sour cream border and just cut gingersnap cookies in half and use as a decorative border.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin and Caramel Swirled Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 779.4
- Calories from Fat 539
- Total Fat 59.9 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 225.2 mg
- Sodium 434.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 40.8 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: