Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
As requested. From C.C. Breads. Try serving with cream cheese or smoked meats.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons hard margarine
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons mild molasses
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups rye flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons caraway seeds (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- Place all ingredients in bread machine in given order.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions.
Delicious! I used the caraway seeds. We like them. I started this in the bread machine and finished it in the oven. I made the the bread specifically to serve with pastrami and swiss cheeze sandwiches. It was perfect.
In my opinion, the caraway is NOT optional!! It gives the bread that extra little something. This is my absolute favourite bread for sandwiches or with a hearty bowl of soup.
This recipe needs more caraway seeds.