Recipe by Martina
As requested. From C.C. Breads. Try serving with cream cheese or smoked meats.
Top Review by Dustbunni
Delicious! I used the caraway seeds. We like them. I started this in the bread machine and finished it in the oven. I made the the bread specifically to serve with pastrami and swiss cheeze sandwiches. It was perfect.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons hard margarine
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons mild molasses
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups rye flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons caraway seeds (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon instant coffee granules