Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a good recipe to make when you don't have a lot of time to set up. Use your favourite bottled sauce or make your own, if you have a family favourite and the time. The variation in ingredient amounts depends on your own tastes and likes.
- 2 -3 lbs pork roast
- 1 -2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 -2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 -2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup water (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (optional)
- Place onion and cabbage in bottom of crock pot, season with 1/2 teaspoon each of red pepper and garlic.
- Put pork roast on top of vegetables and season with the rest of the spices.
- Pour barbecue sauce over all.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Take roast out of crock pot and shred with two forks.
- If you want a thicker sauce, put the temperature on high then mix the water and cornstarch and put it in the crock pot while you are shredding the pork.
- Eat on kaiser or Portuguese buns and enjoy!
I just made this for my sons wedding. It was amazing! We had 50 people, and it really went over we'll.
Would make again! I doubled the red pepper flakes which made the cabbage almost too spicy, but we used the pulled pork and cabbage in tortillas with fresh yellow bell pepper slices, cheddar cheese and sour cream. Excellent dinner, even my young children ate it.
Very enjoyable crock pot recipe. I used country style ribs. They were not cut through so they were like a little roast Instead of BBQ sauce I used a can of mexican style stewed tomatoes and popped small scrubbed potatoes in the pot 2 hours before serving. The ribs were served for dinner along with the potatoes, carrots & Kohlrabi. Tonight I will add BBQ sauce to some of the pork & serve Pulled Pork on a Pita. I added extra cabbage and I will make cabbage soup with the left overs. It is very hot (34C) so getting 3 nights dinner with a cool kitchen and minimal work is heaven. Thanks for posting the recipe majakete