This is an easy recipe to make. The meat will fall to pieces. You can also put in pressure cooker. Follow same directions except place roast and can of root beer in the pressure cooker. Cook on high pressure for one hour and follow the rest of the directions.
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt (either sea or kosher)
- 1 (4 lb) pork, roast- bone out
- 1 (12 ounce) can root beer (I use Diet Barq's)
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
- Put dry rub on pork night before. Let sit in fridge all night.
- Place the pork in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low until well cooked. I turn the meat over half way through cooking because the top since it isn't submersed in the cooking liquid isn't as tender. It takes about 6-8 hours.
- Drain meat well and shred. Place back in the crockpot or in a bowl stir in one bottle of barbecue sauce and serve on buns.
- *****If you don't have rootbeer substitute water and fill till it covers the meat.