Recipe by Chefella
Delicious with a spicy BBQ sauce--make your own, or try "Stubb's"--it's my personal favorite.
- 2 -4 lbs pork shoulder
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup syrup or 1 cup honey
- 1 (6 ounce) bottle liquid smoke
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water and salt to a boil, and add syrup or honey. Boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool. When cool, pour over pork. (Brine). Let marinate in refrigerator for several hours (or overnight).
- In the morning, pour off brine and place pork in the crockpot. Pour liquid smoke over, and cook on low for approximately 8 hours.
- When done, pour off juices (can save), and "pull" pork, using two forks. If desired, scoop onions out with a spoon, and serve on the side (will be very soft). Serve hot!
- note: optional: can brown pork briefly in a skillet before placing in crockpot, to create a "crusty" outer surface.