Recipe by jenlyn33922
A delicious chicken vinegar based bar-b-que chicken sandwich. Like nothing you've ever had! Very easy to make and the leftovers are good on a salad.
Top Review by QueenBee49444
I followed the recipe as written but found the vinegar was a little stronger than my personal preference. I added a little brown sugar to the sauce, topped the meat with provolone cheese and coleslaw and it was a pretty good sandwich.
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 1⁄8 lbs chicken, rotisserie cooked
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 cup Coleslaw, prepared (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cider vinegar with the water, wine, oil, worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in medium saucepan.
- Boil over high heat until reduced to 1 1/4 cups, about 15 minutes. Remove vinegar sauce from heat and set aside.
- Remove the skin and discard it. Then remove the meat from the chicken and shred it. Add the meat to the vinegar sauce and heat through, stirring gently.
- Pile the heated chicken on the hamburger buns and drizzle with extra vinegar sauce. Top with coleslaw and serve while warm.