Recipe by rebeccahorney
This recipe has been my German family tradition for years. Its a fun treat!
Top Review by Acerast
We made this for brunch this morning and it was as much fun to make as it is to eat. We poured a thin batter into the hot pie plate, put it in the oven, and were amazed at the bowl-shaped pancake that it produced. We sprinkled powdered sugar over it and DH and I used the lemon juice but the children ate it with pancake syrup. Either way it was delicious and we'll be making it again! Thanks 777177.
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- lemon juice (optional)
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400. Melt margarine or butter in pie plate, 9 x 1 1/4 inches, in oven; brush magarine on the side of pie plate.
- Beat eggs slightly in medium bowl with wire whisk or hand beater Beat in remaining ingredients except lemon juice and powdered sugar. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until puffy and deep golden brown. Serve immediately spinkled with lemon juice and powdered sugar.