Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Lovely tasty easy meatless meal. Use any soft cheese you wish but use something with herbs, garlic or jalapenos. Sub broccoli & cheddar for the cauliflower & soft cheese -- Use your imagination - I like a green salad with this dish Enjoy
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lite olive oil or 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups cauliflower, separated into florets
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup flour
- 4 ounces light soft herb & cream cheese with garlic and herbs (Boursin,Rondele or cheese of your chouce)
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9x11" oven proof pan.
- Heat oil in a skillet, saute the onions for 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt & cauliflower, saute 7 minutes or until the florets are just heated through Transfer to the prepared pan.
- Meanwhile in a blender or food processor blend the eggs, milk, flour & cheese, whip until you have a very smooth batter Pour over the cauliflower.
- Place on middle rack of the oven & bake for apprx 40 minutes or until the casserole is beautifully puffy & golden Serve hot or warm cut into squares or spoon it out.
I have a hard time giving low ratings, but Bergy, you have convinced me that I need to be honest and constructive so here goes.The recipe turned out bland, but I think it's because I just used plain cream cheese. I would like to try this again, using the Rondele cream cheese with garlic and chives and use cauliflower instead of broccoli. Whew. Thanks Bergy.
This dish is like a low-fat quiche. I used goat cheese and next time I will add a bit more cheese. But its a very tasty way to get cauliflower.