3 hrs 5 mins
This is also very good as leftovers. Time does not include marinating time (1-24 hours)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves or 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 -7 lbs pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat but not all fat
- 1Mix the garlic, onion, oregano, salt, and pepper in a food processor, adding the oil in a drizzle and scraping down the sides as necessary (or mince all together on a cutting board). Blend in the vinegar.
- 2Rub the mixture well onto the pork, getting into every nook and cranny.
- 3Place the meat on a rack and let sit, uncovered, for 1-24 hours. Refrigerate if it is hot or the meat will be set out for longer than 2 hours.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350°F Roast about 3 hours, turning every 30 minutes until well done, tender, and the skin is crisp. The internal temperature should be between 150°F-160°F Do not allow to go higher than 160°F
- 5Let the meat rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting. The meat will be very tender and almost impossible to cut into uniform slices, so just cut it into chunks.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puerto Rican-Style Roast Pork Shoulder
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 766.9
- Calories from Fat 530
- Total Fat 58.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 214.7 mg
- Sodium 1360.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 52.3 g