Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are tender, cake like muffins that are good for breakfast or snacks.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup prune, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Generously butter 12 muffin cups or line with paper cups.
- Sift flour, sugar,baking powder, soda and salt into a large bowl.
- Add prunes and 1/2 cup walnuts; stir to combine.
- Whisk egg and yolk together in a medium bowl.
- Add sour cream, butter, milk and vanilla, stirring until smooth.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add egg mixture and stir until just combined.
- Divide batter among prepared cups.
- Combine the 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons walnuts and cinnamon together. Sprinkle each muffin with tipping.
- Bake until tester inserted into centers comes out clean, about 25 minutes.