- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, grated and tightly packed
- 1 cup green olives, pitted and sliced or chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Oil an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper (or whisk together in a bowl).
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Whisk in the milk and olive oil. Add the flour mixture, cheese and olives and mix well. Pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a tester is clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then completely on a rack.