This is a recipe for sugar free, high protein, clean and healthy mini loaves or muffins.
Make and share this Protein Pumpkin Flax Mini Loaves or Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dry oats (I used toasted not quick cooking)
- 8 scoops vanilla protein powder (4 servings worth)
- 8 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups egg whites or 2 cups egg substitute
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon stevia (or 1/2 tsp Splenda)
- 1⁄2 banana
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple in juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use a food processor, magic bullet, coffee grinder, etc. to process oats into oat flour.
- Combine oat flour, protein powder, flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon and stevia/Splenda.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg whites and pumpkin.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together until blended.
- Pour into a mini loaf tin (makes 8 mini loaves) or two muffin tins (makes 24 muffins.
- Bake 10-15 minutes for muffins or 30 minutes for mini loaves(my convection oven cooks quickly, the temperature and time may need to be adjusted accordingly).