This is a recipe for sugar free, high protein, clean and healthy mini loaves or muffins.
Make and share this Protein Pumpkin Flax Mini Loaves or Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dry oats (I used toasted not quick cooking)
- 8 scoops vanilla protein powder (4 servings worth)
- 8 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups egg whites or 2 cups egg substitute
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon stevia (or 1/2 tsp Splenda)
- 1⁄2 banana
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple in juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use a food processor, magic bullet, coffee grinder, etc. to process oats into oat flour.
- Combine oat flour, protein powder, flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon and stevia/Splenda.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg whites and pumpkin.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together until blended.
- Pour into a mini loaf tin (makes 8 mini loaves) or two muffin tins (makes 24 muffins.
- Bake 10-15 minutes for muffins or 30 minutes for mini loaves(my convection oven cooks quickly, the temperature and time may need to be adjusted accordingly).
I was excited to find a muffin recipe packed with protein, however, these were not very good. They were not very sweet, even though I added 1/4 a cup of raw sugar. ALso, the muffins tasted eggy due to the large ammount of eggs called for. I won't be making these again. Sorry!!
This was exactly what I was looking for! It is FULL of healthy foods, fibers, and protiens. Perfect as a mid day pick me up for me and my children at school. it is not a cake muffin, but is tasty and rewarding. I use it to replace store-bought granola bars that are full of fat and sugar and have 0 protien which is so important for my vegitarian child.
This is really difficult to rate because this is REAL food! I took the previous reviewer's recommendation and quadrupled the Splenda -- even that can be doubled! I think it needs salt. This is probably the intense food that Madonna snacks on! I think this appeals to the intense workout personality, the one oblivious to formal structure! It was okay! Can't wait to frost these.... Thanks, Lynnster! Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game.