Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Can be an appetizer or main dish served on pasta or top a salad with them! This was in today's paper (Arizona Republic), so I made them for lunch and we thought they were great.
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 ounce diced green chilis
- 4 large tiger shrimp (extra large)
- 4 slices prosciutto
- Puree barbecue sauce, garlic and green chilis in a blender.
- Wrap shrimp with the prosciutto.
- Brush shrimp with olive oil and grill for about 4 minutes per side.
- Brush shrimp with barbeque sauce and cook for another minute on each side.
I found my prosciutto to be on the salty side but otherwise a nice appy. I preferred to redip the shrimp into the bbq sauce for more flavor and to lessen the saltiness of the meat.