Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
See last line for noodle serving suggestion. This is a recipe from Let's Dish.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry basil leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 chicken tenders
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 6 prosciutto ham slices (more depending on size)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, garlic, basil leaves and pepper.
- Place chicken tenders on a sheet of waxed paper. Spoon 1/6th of cheese filling evenly onto the center of chicken tender. Top with a second chicken tender. (Note: The original recipe didn't call for salt, but at this point you can season with salt and pepper.) Wrap a slice of prosciutto ham around the filled chicken. Repeat this to make a total of 6 stuffed chicken tenders.
- In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat until foamy. Add chicken and cook 3 minutes, turn, reduce heat to low and cover. Cook 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Tip: Toss hot cooked noodles in the buttery pan juices left in the skillet. Add a little chopped parsley for a great side dish.