1/1 Photo of Prosciutto/Fontino Grilled Sandwiches
I got this recipe off of the Foodtv show "Everything Italian". Best with bread from a Crusty type whole loaf, but could be made with bought sliced bread, as long as it is a large slice bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat grill pan on Med-low on top of stove.
- 2Drizzle one side of two slices of the bread with 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil for each slice.
- 3Place the olive oil side down and on top of the plain side of the bread layer as follows.
- 5layer- 2 slices cheese 2nd.
- 6layer- paper thin slices of red onion 3rd.
- 7layer- 6 spinach leaves 4th.
- 8layer- Prosciutto 5th.
- 9layer- 2 slices cheese Top with remaining 2 slices of bread Drizzle the tops of the bread with the balance of the olive oil.
- 10Place sandwiches on the grill pan and press with grill press until as flat as possible.
- 11Cook until browned and crisp, about 4 min.
- 12per side.
- 13Serve fresh off the grill.
- 14This can also be grilled in a George Foreman type grill.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prosciutto/Fontino Grilled Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.6
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 98.6 mg
- Sodium 1069.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 27.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: