Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package focaccia bread
- 8 slices prosciutto (about 2 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1 cup trimmed arugula or 1 cup watercress
- 2 red onions, slices separated into rings (1/8-inch-thick)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Slice each bread round in half horizontally.
- Divide prosciutto slices between bottom halves of bread, and top each bread half with fontina cheese, arugula, and red onion slices.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over sandwiches, and sprinkle with pepper; cover with top halves of bread.
- Wrap sandwiches tightly in aluminum foil, and bake at 300° for 15 minutes.
It looks and sounds good, but it really isn't -- until you reheat the sandwich. By then, all the flavors have melded together, and it makes it more palatable. Will I make it again? Highly doubtful.