This recipe comes from Ellie Krieger who's claim to fame is that she likes to healthify comfort foods. In this recipe, the soft center of the bread of the bread is removed which cuts calories and carbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice bread in half, then cut both halves, crosswise into 6 equal portions; scoop out the soft center of the bread and reserve for another use (like croutons).
- 2Spread cut sides with the pesto.
- 3Build 6 sandwiches by layering the bottoms with equal amounts of the prosciutto, arugula, and mozzarella; replace tops of the sandwiches.
- 4Heat a grill pan or panini press over medium-high heat; spray outsides with the cooking spray.
- 5Cook sandwiches, in batches, weighting with a cast iron press or skillet, to melt cheese and toast bread, about 3 minutes per side.
- 6Cut in half to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prosciutto and Arugula Panina
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.1
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 119.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat baguette