Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- For the choux: in a large pot boil the water.
- Add all of the flour at once and stir it vigorously with a wooden spoon until it forms a ball.
- Take it off the stove.
- Add the yolks one at a time beating them in with a wooden spoon.
- Take spoonfuls (the size of a walnut) and drop onto a cookie sheet (do not shape or fix them after placement).
- Bake in a hot oven preheated to 400 for 30 minutes (until golden brown).
Choux pastry is easy.... it was the creme filling I wanted to try! No instructions!!! Sorry, this wasn't all that helpful.