Recipe by rhondalynne
This recipe is very easy to make, it is very moist and sure doesn't last long! I found the basic recipe and tweaked it a bit to suit my craving for coconut flavor.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
This was great for a quick dessert. My toddler was even able to help me make it. She poured the melted butter & spread it, then sprinkled on the coconut. She was so proud! I have never made a cake that called for cold milk to be poured over it so that was really intriguing to me. I think the combination of that & the butter/coconut bottom really made this cake moist. Very enjoyable cake! Thanks for sharing, rhondalynne! Made for Fall 2009 Pick A Chef. :)
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- additional coconut, toasted, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour melted margarine in a 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup coconut over margarine.
- Prepare cake mix according to directions on box and pour over the coconut.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30- 35 minutes, until cake tests done.
- Remove from oven, immediately pour cold milk over hot cake.
- Let cool completely.
- Spread cool cake with Cool Whip and top with additional coconut if desired.
- Store in refrigerator.