Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Bring some spice to your life with this jalapeño popper grilled cheese sandwich. This sandwich contains the essential parts of the jalapeño popper appetizer – cream cheese, jalapeños and cheddar. The bacon is added well, because it’s bacon – and the avocado helps to cool the heat and bring it all together.
- Begin by roasting the jalapeños. Turn your broiler on to 400 F (200 C). Put the jalapeños on a baking sheet in the top of the oven. Look at them after about 4 – 5 minutes, and if they are blackened, turn them over and allow to blacken on all sides. Remove to a plate and allow to cool about 10 minutes.
- When the jalapeños have cooled enough to handle them, strip the blackened skin off, then cut them in half and scrape away the seeds and set aside.
- Half the avocado and hold it in your hand. Carefully use a knife to cut thin slices into the flesh, then use a spoon to remove it from the skin and set aside on a plate. (be careful to not let the knife pierce the skin when slicing).
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and stack them with the buttered sides touching. Spread 1 tbsp of cream cheese on the exposed top piece of bread.
- Sprinkle some cheddar on top of the cream cheese, then lay 4 slices of bacon on each sandwich.
- Place a slice of pepper jack on the bacon, then add the avocado and remaining cheddar.
- Spread another tbsp on cream cheese on the unbuttered side of the bottom piece of bread and place on top.
- Grill on a griddle over medium low heat until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.