Prep 28 mins
Cook 2 mins
I like marshmallow fondant for making fun decorations for my goodies. It tastes great and is inexpensive to make at home. Princess emulsion has a lovely citrus flavor that is delightful. It can be found online (I got mine on Ebay). This recipe is easy and has a lovely flavor- try it!
- Grease a large microwave proof bowl and a wooden spoon w/ Crisco.
- Add the marshmallows and the water. Microwave for 2 minutes, pausing every 30 seconds to stir well.
- Next, add corn syrup, lemon juice, salt and princess emulsion (or vanilla) and stir well. Add 5 cups of the powdered sugar, one cup at a time.
- Grease your hands well with shortening and knead the fondant mixture until soft and pliable. Powder a work surface well with powdered sugar and knead another cup of powdered sugar into the fondant.
- Continue to add powdered sugar a little at a time as you knead until the fondant has a play dough like consistency.
- It will need to be firm enough to hold a shape, but not so thick as to be stiff and hard to handle.
- Knead into a ball and coat with some shortening. Wrap the ball well with plastic wrap and slip into a zip lock bag. Make sure to squeeze as much air as you can out of the bag before sealing it up.
- This fondant is best if allowed to rest overnight- don’t refrigerate!