Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came across this recipe in the Cooking for Kids online newsletter.
Make and share this Pretzel Crusted Chicken Tenders recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken tenders (or boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch strips)
- 3 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- mustard (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, mustard, rice vinegar, orange marmalade, salt and pepper in a large plastic container.
- Add chicken tenders to the marinade, turning with tongs to coat well.
- Place in refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pretzels by placing them in a 1 gallon-size ziploc bag and crushing them with a rolling pin. (Pound the pretzels gently with the side of the rolling pin to crush.) Spread pretzels out in a shallow dish or plate.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Make an assembly line by placing the chicken first, then the crushed pretzels, then the baking sheet. Dip each chicken tender in the crushed pretzels, turning to coat. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle chicken tenders with melted butter.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven 12 to 15 minutes until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Drizzle with mustard.
Very delicious and fun to make! I didn't take the time to let them marinade and they were still delicious.
PAC Spring 2008: These were a real treat!! The marinade lends great flavor to these unique tenders!!