Recipe by Lalaloula
This is my creation for the Think Pink Event this year. I really wanted to come up with an all natural and still pink concoction and this is the result. Its slightly sweet (more so if you use the optional fruit) and a real showstopper (in my opinion). I hope youll enjoy this as much as we do!
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal (if you use white itll be pinker, but I used yellow)
- 1⁄2 cup semolina
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour (I used whole spelt flour)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 parsnip, grated
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup beet juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a big bowl. Add the grated parsnip and dried fruit (if using).
- In a second bowl combine all of the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour into a greased small loaf pan (you can also bake this as muffins or in a bundt pan).
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C/375°F for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely or serve this warm.