Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
these are NOT paleo or primal but are as pretty clean as a baked good gets. I don't get crazy about sugar in baked goods, they are a treat. You can go half and half with sugar and stevia or cut down sugar. Honey is not sweet enough for me in these. These are easy, delicious, not too fudgy, not too cakey (is that a word?) super adaptive to yummy mix ins
- 1 cup organic butter or 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup organic unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups organic unrefined sugar
- 3 large organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon natural vanilla
- 1 1⁄8 cups organic unbleached flour or 1 1⁄8 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
Mix Ins (Go for whatever combo you like)
- 8 -12 ounces organic semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 2 cups natural almonds or 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13x9 inch square pan.
- In a large bowl combine melted butter (coconut oil) and cocoa and stir until cocoa is dissolved.
- Add sugar and mix well and let cool for a few minutes if hot.
- Add eggs one at a time and stir until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla, flour and salt until combined (do not overmix).
- Fold in your mixins.
- Spread in pan and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Don't overbake, your brownies will end up dry and crumbly.