Recipe by Nicole Brummett
I can't remember where I got this recipe, maybe a magazine. This is a quick & easy recipe, and tastes great. Also an easy one for kids to make or help with.
Top Review by mums the word
This recipe needs to get some attention as it is excellent for so little effort. It is seriously simple. It has not been reviewed since 2007 and I was lucky to stumble upon it this week. I made this for the inlaws when they visited us this past weekend. They thought it looked gorgeous and everyone loved the flavour. Thanks so much for sharing this, you can bet I will be making it again. By the way, I also made a different version for my daughter as she can't eat cherries. I crumbled up a brownie and layered the pudding mix over and topped with chocolate chunks and whip cream. She loved it like that too. Awesome Nicole!
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- whipped topping
- chopped almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine filling and extract; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine sour cream and milk.
- Stir in pudding mix; beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon half of pudding mixture into large glasses; top with half of pie filling.
- Repeat layers.
- Garnish with whipped topping and almonds.
- Refrigerate until serving.