Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
from Sam the Cooking Guy who says, "Chimichurri is the garlic-parsley marinade that originated in Argentina- and it rules. Make sure you reserve some extra for dipping or drizzling." Prep time includes marinating time.
- 18 large shrimp (shelled and deveined with the tail left on)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skirt steaks
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch fresh flat leaf parsley, top leaves only
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Put sauce ingredients into food processor and process until fairly smooth.
- Place the Shrimp and the steak into a glass bowl or baking dish and cover with chimichurri sauce.
- Refrigerate and let marinate for 1/2 to 1 hour.
- Grill the steak on high about 5 minutes, then flip over and add the shrimp to the grill, basting both with some of the extra sauce.
- Grill everything until done - which should only be a few minutes.
- Slice the steak into thin slices and serve with the shrimp and extra sauce for dipping.