Recipe by jenny butt
Versatile patties that can be made smaller for finger food, or larger for meals with salad, snacks, lunch boxes. This delicious recipe comes from Better Homes & Gardens.
- 2 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water, chilled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, small, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 500 g green prawns, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red chili pepper, small- finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- PUT THE FLOUR, sour cream,egg,water, salt & pepper in a food processor, and process until mixture comes together.
- Shape into a round,wrap in baking paper and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line oven tray with baking paper.
- TO MAKE FILLING: heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, sauté 3 minutes.
- Add garlic cumin, prawn, tomato, chili, & coriander.
- Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until tomato juices have almost evaporated.
- Remove pan from heat & stand to cool.
- ROLL OUT DOUGH: between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick.
- Use a 12cm round cutter to cut 12 rounds.
- Put a heaped Tblsp of filling in the centre of each round.
- FOLD PASTRY: over filling to form a semi circle.
- Press edges together with a fork.
- Put on prepared tray, brush with milk.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden.
- SERVE with corn & green chili relish, or any salad of your choice or any tasty salsa.