1/4 Photos of Prawn & Chicken Orzo Paella
This recipe is from the local Western Australian Newspaper. Am hoping to make this myself soon but I will use spring onion (scallions) instead of the shallots (for dietary reason) and omit the coriander (cilantro) because we don't like it. Times at this point are an estimate, if you should try please let me know if they are correct.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 125 g shallots (golden, 4 small, peeled and thinly sliced)
- 20 g gingerroot (grated)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 400 g chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- salt and pepper
- 250 g orzo pasta
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 600 ml chicken stock (homemade or low salt)
- 225 -250 g prawns (cooked small)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh)
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves (chopped plus extra to garnish)
- 1Cut chicken into 2cm-3cm dice.
- 2Heat sesame oil in deep frying pan over medium heat.
- 3Gently fry shallots and, ginger and garlic for a few minutes until softened and lightly coloured.
- 4Add cubed chicken to pan, season lightly with salt and pepper and fry until browned on all sides but not cooked through.
- 5Add orzo and stir to coat with oil and let it start to absorb flavours.
- 6Season with paprika and cover ingredients with stock (you may not need all at once).
- 7Allow to simmer for about 15 minutes, adding more stock when necessary and stirring occasionally.
- 8When orzo is just cooked, add the prawns, lemon juice and soy, stir and taste for seasoning, adjust if necessary.
- 9Rest for 3 to 5 minutes in pan with lid on to allow chicken to tenderise.
- 10Stir through the chopped coriander and serve scattered with extra leaves.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawn & Chicken Orzo Paella
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.9
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 139.4 mg
- Sodium 860.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 42.1 g