Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Best of the Best from America Cookbook by Gwen McKee and Barbara Moseley. Posted for ZWT5, France/Cajun region.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream (will not use all of)
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, and half-and-half.
- Place over medium heat and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Stir in butter, pecans, and vanilla.
- Remove and cool completely.
- To serve, spoon alternate layers of ice cream and pralines sauce in a wine glass or parfait glass.
I made this a lil' while ago for DD and nephew. They loved it!! I didn't add pecans- kids don't like- but it was still great. Their grandma wanted them to spend ANOTHER night- and I had to send the sauce + the ice cream with them!! Thanks for a GREAT, EASY recipe!!
Yummy in my tummy!!!
Debber, you've got a fantastic recipe here! My family and I loved this. Rich and decadent, I can't wait to make it again! Made for the Dining Daredevils ZWT 5