Recipe by moonpoodle
I saw this idea on a number of websites and just had to try it. I love the combination of sweet and salty.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 3 cups broken pretzels, pieces
- 2 tablespoons of cold butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sugar, salt, and pretzel bits in a heavy pan. Cook over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Coat the preztel bits with browning sugar.
- Once all the sugar has begun to caramelize, lower the heat to medium. Add butter in small pieces, and throw in the dash of vanilla.
- Stir for a few minutes until butter is absorbed and pretzels are coated. Spread on a lined or greased cookie sheet to cool.