Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 8 cups Quaker Oatmeal Squares Cereal
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (1/2 stick) or 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 250 F.
- Combine cereal and pecans in 13x9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In large microwaveable bowl, combine corn syrup, brown sugar and margarine. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute 30 seconds; stir. Microwave an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds or until boiling.
- Stir in vanilla and baking soda and pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat evenly.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on baking sheet to cool; break into pieces.
My sister made a sweet cereal snack mix to bring to my Christmas Eve party this year. I remember her saying that her recipe used Quaker Oatmeal Squares cereal, so I decided to see if I could find the recipe here. I believe this is the same recipe. I made the recipe as stated, except I halved all of the ingredients as I didn't want 10 cups. I think my sister's turned out a tad sweeter. I'm thinking about adding a touch of honey next time I make it.