Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
These wonderful cookies taste like a cross between praline candy and cookies because of the small amount of flour used. They are great if you don't care for the sweetness of praline candy
Top Review by Bev
Delicious, light and delicate yet with a subtle sweetness! This cookie would be the perfect accompaniment to a dish of your favorite ice cream or sherbet, or perhaps a cup of after dinner coffee. Simple to make. I enjoyed these cookies very much! Thank you, Luby for sharing!
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 egg white, unbeaten, if needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat egg white until frothy, about 1 minute.
- Gently fold in brown sugar, flour, vanilla and pecans.
- If mixture seems too dry and will not hold together add the additional egg white and mix together.
- Drop on greased cookie sheet by tbsp (I have good results using parchment paper on my cookie sheets as these cookies are very soft and delicate when trying to remove from the cookie sheet).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool completely on cookie sheet before trying to remove.
- Remove to cooling racks.