Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These wonderful cookies taste like a cross between praline candy and cookies because of the small amount of flour used. They are great if you don't care for the sweetness of praline candy
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 egg white, unbeaten, if needed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat egg white until frothy, about 1 minute.
- Gently fold in brown sugar, flour, vanilla and pecans.
- If mixture seems too dry and will not hold together add the additional egg white and mix together.
- Drop on greased cookie sheet by tbsp (I have good results using parchment paper on my cookie sheets as these cookies are very soft and delicate when trying to remove from the cookie sheet).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool completely on cookie sheet before trying to remove.
- Remove to cooling racks.
Delicious, light and delicate yet with a subtle sweetness! This cookie would be the perfect accompaniment to a dish of your favorite ice cream or sherbet, or perhaps a cup of after dinner coffee. Simple to make. I enjoyed these cookies very much! Thank you, Luby for sharing!
I agree with Bev, these are the perfect dessert cookie. These are quick and easy and look so pretty and delicate. Just serve them up on a doily lined platter and people with think that you have slaved for hours.
These cookies are wonderful. They score big points for being easy. Next time I am making a double batch.