Recipe by Elmotoo
I made this using my Herbs de Provence that I got while visiting FT in France. (Woohoo!) It got a big thumbs up from the kids, too. Fast, easy, yummy & low fat.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was a very nice dish that we all enjoyed. It was refreshing to have all those lovely fresh vegetables in this dish, too. I followed the recipe as written, except I used regular shell pasta (not whole wheat). And this was delicious. The herbes de Provence was a wonderful touch. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Elmotoo. Made for ZWT8 France.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh garlic
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb whole wheat pasta
- 3 fresh tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, heat olive oil.
- Add onion & saute 2 minutes.
- Add garlic & saute another 2 minutes.
- Add cubed chicken breast & saute 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt & Herbes de Provence; stir.
- Add asparagus & saute until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- To finish, add chunks of tomatoes & a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Toss chicken mixture with drained pasta & serve.