Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe I have been making for years since the beginning of my marriage. A good recipe for all mac and cheese lovers. Very creamy.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup white onion (minced)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Smart Balance butter spread
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoned sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 12 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product (cubed)
- 1⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Heat oven to 350. Boil macaroni as desired on box.
- Heat margaine in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook onions in margarine for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Cook until mixture bubbles.
- Stir in milk. Heat to boiling stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat and add Velveeta cubes.Stir cheese until melted.
- Put macaroni in an ungreased casserole dish and pour cheese mixture into dish. Stir until macaroni is completely coated.
- Stir in shredded cheddar.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly.
This won rave reviews at our pot luck dinner. I followed the recipe. Many thanks.