Recipe by lindseylcw
Different way to serve roasted potatoes from Paul Gayler in Flavours of the World, potatoes should be the waxy kind and of medium size
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
What a nice way to prepare potatoes. Since the potatoes called for were new I didn't remove the peel after boiling and I cut the oils in half to lower the fat content but otherwise followed the recipe. I loved the crunch from the walnuts. Made for Jammin' Java Jivers ZWT5
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes whole in boiling water until almost tender.
- drain and leave until cool enough to handle.
- carefully take off skin and slice 1/2 inch thick.
- heat oils together in a large fry pan, add potatoes and fry quickly until coloured.
- add the butter and keep tossing the potatoes until golden colour.
- season with nutmeg,salt and fresh ground black pepper, and add parsley, lemon zest, garlic and walnuts and toss gently. serve.