Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I made this to go with grilled pork chops and green beans and it was sheer perfection. I ate on it for four days.
- 3 -4 large potatoes, cooked and sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- Saute onions in butter until golden.
- In a deep, oiled casserole dish, layer 1/2 potatoes (sprinkle with salt and pepper), 1/2 onions and 1/2 jack and cheddar cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Beat sour cream and eggs. Pour over top. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.
Excellent potato recipe and very elegant as well!!! Not really thrilled with my photo, doesn't do the recipe justice, but I just know how tasty it is!!! We served it as a side to our grilled steaks and green beans. Once I put the sour cream topping on top of the potatoes, it really didn't blend/meld with the rest of the dish, kinda just stayed on top, so next time I would mix it all together and then bake it. Thank so much for sharing your recipe. Made and enjoyed for Photo Tag Game.