Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A tasty combination of Thanksgiving favorites.
Make and share this Potato-Stuffing Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 slices bread, cubed
- 4 -5 large potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk, heated
- 1 egg, beaten
- Saute celery and onion in 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add bread and stir until lightly browned.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, reserving some parsley for garnish, and mix well.
- Spoon into a greased 1 1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Dot with remaining butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees,uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle remaining parsley over all and serve.
Wonderful stuffing!! I served this with roasted chicken and green beans and it complimented it well. The only change that I made to this was to use Egg Beaters instead of the egg. Thanks so much for posting!
This is delicious! Took so little time to prepare and the best part is having everything on hand! The only substitute I made was the egg. I used an egg beater and left the extra butter off the top to keep it more cholesterol friendly. Definitely a keeper!
Total comfort food and so easy to make! I had everything on hand but parsley~ I did add a sprinkle of sage before baking , just because I love it .. this DEFINITELY tastes like Thanksgiving to me!!:-) Thanks for sharing this recipe!!