Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is great for a Lenten meal. Ketchup makes a great condiment. Serve with a nice salad for a hearty meal.
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb pizza dough, raised
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Boil potatoes with skin on, for 15 minutes, or until fork goes through easily (but potato is not mushy). Let potatoes cool for a few minutes, peel skin, then cut potatoes in small chunks.
- Heat olive oil in large pan, add garlic and onions. Stir for 5 minutes, then add potatoes, seasoning with salt and pepper. Let potatoes brown a bit (5 minutes or so), then add eggs. Stir eggs in quickly and remove pan from heat once eggs are cooked. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Punch down pizza dough. Roll out to 8" x 12" or so.
- Spoon potato mixture on dough, spreading to within 1" on each side. Roll up dough from 12" side, jelly-roll fashion, tucking in sides. Pinch dough together to hold in ingredients. Place seam side down on parchment paper on baking pan, and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cut into one inch pieces.