Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
If you like meatballs or meatloaf, you would love this sausage. DH's great grandparents all came from Sweden so he grew up with potato sausage. Our family loves it! Fortunately when we are in Wisconsin we can buy the best potato sausage only about 20 miles from here. You buy it frozen and defrost it before baking. And when I was still working, I would set it up in my oven using a frozen potato sausage on time delay.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line casserole with foil.
- Cut a few slits into potato sausage.
- Put into casserole and add 1/4 cup water.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
My grandparents also came from Sweden, so I have had potato sausage off and on all my life,<br/>but now that there is no one left to cook it but myself, I tried this recipe exactly as given and it<br/>turned out delicious with a little salt and pepper. Great recipe.