Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Potato salad doesn't have to be loaded with celery, onion and pickle to taste great! Here's the potato salad recipe my dad's family were especially fond of. It's at every family reunion. Most of us like this served a bit warm or at room temperature. Delicious cold, too!
- 4 lbs baking potatoes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Duke or Blue Plate mayo highly recommended)
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for about 40 minutes or till tender; drain and cool.
- Peel potatoes, and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Place into serving container.
- Grate hard boiled eggs on the large-holed-side of a regular cheese grater.
- Stir into potatoes.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Gently fold this into the potato mixture.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill, if desired.
- *NOTE-For those of you who just can't stand the thought of basically plain potato salad, you can add any combination of these to potato salad mixture: 2 celery ribs (diced)-- 1/2 small sweet onion (diced)-- 1/3 cup sweet salad cube pickles.
Perfect!! Just the sort of tater salad hubby likes. I think I added more than 3 eggs, but I like it like that. Simple and tasty.