Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great easy way to have a quick onion soup.
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 2 whole large onions
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (8 ounce) cans whole milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- Mix all ingredients except onions and Butter into pot. (Place on low heat)for approx 25 minute.
- Cut onions into 1/8 inch strips.
- Sautee onions in Butter ontil golden brown.
- Mix Onions and left over melted butter into pot with soup.
- Top with Paprika, Salt and Pepper to task.
- Bacon bits are a great addtion.
Thanks so much for a tasty and quick soup for a late dinner. As I made this for just myself I seriously lightened up on the onion, and used no salt. In fact instead of canned onion soup I used the dry kind which gave me more salt control. Thanks to the prior reviewer for noting that. It turned out very nicely and I would make it again.
I liked this a lot, it was easy to prepare and very rich. However, it was a bit salty- next time I'll omit the salt, or try low sodium soup. Thanks!