- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks (with tender green parts)
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 2 baking potatoes
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups vegetable stock or 6 cups prepared broth
- 1 bunch watercress, stems removed
- fresh ground white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm the oil in a soup pot.
- Add the leeks and saute.
- Add the fennel and potatoes and continue to saute.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until all the vegetables are completely softened.
- Add watercress, cooking it until it's wilted but still bright green.
- Use a handheld blender until smooth.
- Add the salt and white pepper.
- For Vegetarian use vegetable broth.