- 1 lb potato
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup tahini
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup water, appr.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes.
- Boil potatoes until tender, appr 15 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly and pass through a ricer or food mill into a bowl.
- Add the tahini, lemon juice and oil and blend thoroughly.
- Gradually stir in the water until the mixture is the proper consistency for dipping.
- Add the cumin and cayenne, then season with salt and pepper.