Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These potatoes are dramatic in presentaion and can easily be served as a side for an elegant buffet or a quick side for the family!
- 4 large idaho potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemons, zest of
- Scrub potatoes and pat dry.
- Combine cheese, parsley, paprika and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cut each potato crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices, cutting to, but not through, bottom of potato.
- Allow potatoes to stand in ice water 10 minutes.
- Combine margarine, lemon juice and lemon rind in a 1-cup microwave-safe glass measure; microwave, uncovered, at HIGH 30 to 40 seconds, or until margarine is melted.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry.
- Arrange potatoes, cut side up, in 12x8x2-inch microwave-safe baking dish.
- Brush tops and sides of potatoes with margarine mixture.
- Cover with microwaveable plastic wrap and microwave at HIGH 12 to 14 minutes, or until tender; rearranging potatoes every 6 minutes and brushing with remaining margarine mixture.
- Sprinkle potatoes with cheese mixture.
- Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- You could alternatively, bake the potatoes in a conventional oven.
These potatoes are delicious. They are easy to make and really don't take a lot of time to prepare.
These were GREAT! Everyone enjoyed them and they were simple to make. Thankyou :)
Oh my gosh this is the best potatoe I've ever had. I've made them 2 days in a row. They are too easy to prepare. And I love that you can cook them in the microwave. The finished produce looks as if you have spent so much time in preparation. Thank you so much for posting.