Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The orange juice really brings out a nice kick to this salad. Plan ahead this needs to chill for a minimum of 3 hours before serving. I sometimes add in crumbled feta cheese. I suggest to double this recipe, it is really a delicious salad! All ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste.
Top Review by pooknnook
I modified the recipe a bit- less onion, didn't have fresh parsley, and no capers- I don't think I have ever even eaten a caper- but we all enjoyed the change, I too am always looking for a "new" potato salad and we were all pleased with the results- thanks so much for sharing!
- 680.38 g fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1133.98 g small red potatoes, peeled
- 118.32 ml orange juice (or to taste)
- 44.37 ml white wine vinegar (or to taste)
- 473.19 ml baskets cherry tomatoes, washed and halved
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh parsley (or to taste)
- 1 small red onion (sliced or coarsely chopped)
- 78.07-118.29 ml olive oil
- 73.94-103.53 ml capers, drained (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the beans in a saucepan of boiling water until just crisp-tender (about 4-5 minutes; drain and place in a bowl with icewater; set aside (this can be done hours in advance or even a day ahead).
- Cook the potatoes (leave whole do not slice) until fork-tender, about 20-25 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes; remove to a bowl.
- Cut the small potatoes in half or quarters if the are fairly large.
- In a small cup whisk together 2 tablespoons orange juice with 2 tablespoons vinegar; pour over the warm potatoes, and gently toss to coat.
- Cool completely to room temperature or refrigerate, tossing occasionally.
- Add in the green beans, cherry tomatoes halves, red onion and chopped parsley; mix to combine.
- In a small cup whisk remaining 6 tablespoons orange juice and 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar and olive oil; pour over the potato mixture in the bowl along with the capers; toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours or more.